- Parks, P.*, Cruz, R.*, & Ahn, S. J. (2014). Don’t hurt my avatar: The use and potential of digital self-representation in risk communication. International Journal of Robots, Education, and Art 4(2), 10-20.
- Phua, J., & Ahn, S. J. (in press). Explicating the “Like” on Facebook brand pages: The effect of intensity of Facebook use, number of overall “Likes,” and number of friends’ “Likes” on consumers’ perceived brand outcomes. Journal of Marketing Communications.
- Fox, J., & Ahn, S. J. (2014). Recommendations for designing maximally effective and persuasive health agents. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 8637, 178-181.
- Fox, J., Ahn, S. J., Janssen, J., Yeykelis, L., Segovia, K., & Bailenson, J. N. (in press). Avatars versus agents: A meta-analysis quantifying the effect of agency. Human Computer Interaction.
- Johnsen, K., Ahn, S. J., Robertson, T., Moore, J., Brown, S., Marable, A., Basu, A.* (2014). Mixed reality virtual pets to reduce childhood obesity. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 20(4), 523-530.
- Ahn, S. J., & Bailenson, J. N. (2014). Self-endorsed advertisements: When the self persuades the self. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 22(2), 135-136.
- Ahn, S. J., Fox, J, Dale, K.R.*, & Avant, J.A.* (in press). Framing virtual experiences: Effects on environmental efficacy and behavior over time. Communication Research.
- Ahn, S. J. (in press). Incorporating immersive virtual environments in health promotion campaigns: A construal-level theory approach. Health Communication.
- Ahn, S. J., Johnsen, K., Robertson, T., Moore, J., Brown, S., Marable, A., Basu, A.* (in press). Using virtual pets to promote physical activity in children: An application of the youth physical activity promotion model. Journal of Health Communication.
- Ahn, S. J., Bailenson, J. N, & Park, D.* (2014). Short- and long-term effects of embodied experiences in immersive virtual environments on environmental locus of control and behavior. Computers in Human Behavior, 39, 235-245.
- Ahn, S. J., Fox, J., Hahm, J. M.* (2014). Using virtual doppelgängers to increase personal relevance of health risk communication. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 8637, 1-12.
- Ahn, S. J., Le, A. M. T., & Bailenson, J. N. (2013). The effect of embodied experiences on self-other merging, attitude, and helping behavior. Media Psychology, 16(1), 7-38.
- Jabon, M., Ahn, S. J., & Bailenson, J. N. (2011). Automatically analyzing facial-feature movements to identify human errors. IEEE Journal of Intelligent Systems, 26(2), 54-63.
- Ahn, S. J. & Bailenson, J. N. (2011). Self-endorsing versus other-endorsing in virtual environments: The effect on brand attitude and purchase intention. Journal of Advertising, 40(2), 93-106.